Erin at Prudence Pennywise and Veronica at Supermarket Serenade both awarded me with a Kreativ Blogger Award and 7 Things Meme. Ready to know a whole lot more about me than you ever dreamt? Let’s see if I can make this interesting.
7 Things I’ve Done Before
1. Worked in a security setting for the most decorated pilot from Vietnam. It was blast because he’s crazy and I love him.
2. Dated a guy for an entire year before I figured out that I couldn’t force myself to love him.
3. Terrorized my brother on the way up Pike’s Peak. He’s terrified of heights… and I totally took advantage of it.
4. Threw away my mom’s pots and pans because I was too lazy to wash them (good Lord, I hope she’s not reading this!)
5. Beat my brother on a mile run… it was a once in a lifetime achievement and I was never more proud. Unfortunately, I don’t think he knew I was racing him.
6. Survived surgery on my spine while my husband was deployed. My mom and sister-in-law came to stay with me.
7. Totaled a car five days after I bought it (again, so sorry daddy!)
7 Things I Do Now
1. Daydream about being an adventurous person. Someday, I will jump out of a plane… and I will love it.
2. Craft, even though I’m not too crafty at all (no scrapbooks for me).
3. Make a conscious effort to make at least 3 people smile every day. Sometimes it’s hard because I don’t leave the house and Gomer and Radar really don’t like to smile.
4. Try to stay up to speed on current world events… no matter how much it hurts to see some things.
5. I’m currently evaluating what direction I want my life to go in. I think I might want to be a detective or polygraph examiner.
6. Work in the financial planning industry.
7. Make sure my husband and my family are as happy as possible… I try to do my part.
7 Things I Want to Do
1. Learn German.
2. Find a career that thrills me (writing would be fun).
3. Go to Hawaii with the entire family again.
4. See my friends more often… too many states separate me from the ones I love.
5. Find the balance in life.
6. Make peace with the fact that I will always have ADD and probably pass it along to my children. Oh, what fun lies ahead of me!
7. Take an actual vacation with my husband. We’ve only had one that didn’t include family.
7 Things that Attract me about the Opposite Sex
1. Faith in God.
2. Patriotism for this great country.
4. Affection towards me and children.
5. Eyes. The gateway to the soul.
6. Expression. The Husband doesn’t have to speak for me to understand what’s going on in his noggin.
7. A nice hairy armpit for me to rest my head in at night.
Thankfully, I found it all 8 years ago…
7 Favorite Foods
1. Chips and salsa or guacamole.
2. Penne with marinara and green beans.
3. Grandmas and moms roast beef.
4. Cheese and onion enchiladas.
5. Dilly Chicken Sandwiches.
6. Mandarine Chicken Salads.
7. Anything The Husband grills.
7 Things I Say Most Often
2. Fuggity Monkey Biscuits!
3. Dag Nabbit!
4. I’m going to beat you with a toothpick.
5. Grr. You’re bothering me. GRR! (usually followed by a wink and a smile).
6. Oh, geez. That’s gonna hurt.
7. You’re a nerd.
For the best part of all… I get to spread the love!
1. Christine of Blenders Galore. This woman makes me guffaw with laughter every day. Christine also has a great coffee business, you can catch the link in my link page…
2. Kate of A Foodie From the Boonies. She’s a newbie to my world… and I adore her! She’s baking for The Brother this month and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with.
3. Kirsten of Black Lab Baker. Kirsten always has kind things to say that make me smile.
4. Deb of Kahakai Kitchen. Oh, how she makes me miss Hawaii!
5. Rebecca of Ezra Pound Cake. Because Rebecca makes me feel like I’m not alone in my clumsiness.