A few weeks ago, my buddy Martha awarded me with the Honest Scrap award. Martha interpreted the award to mean that she portrays herself as an honest woman through her words… I agree.
The rules for the award are as follows:
a. List 10 things about yourself – and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! and…
b. Pass along the award to 7 bloggers who you think embody the spirit of The Honest Scrap.
Here goes! The most random things you never wanted to know about me!
1. In the past 8 days I have realized that Peace is a gift from God… and only God.
2. In a fit of depression, I colored my hair this weekend to a deep brown… my natural red came through a little. My friends have all had to do a double take… but the general consensus is that I should never go back to blonde (I’ve been blonde since I was 10!). Apparently, I’m much prettier as a auburn/brunette. (I’ll post pictures soon…)
3. I am absolutely terrified of horses… but I am determined to learn to ride!
4. I recently started Martial Arts… and I’ve never loved exercize more! The feeling of accomplishment after some serious butt-kicking is incomparable!
5. I miss the active duty military life more than I let on… I actually feel lost, like part of my identity has been stripped from me.
6. About a month ago I realized that the one thing I want more in life is to be the best wife I can be. A military wife has a million different roles to play… and I want to do it all.
7. I really hate doing laundry, but I can’t handle it if someone else does it (Ex: The Husband folded the towels one day… since I couldn’t refold them without offending him, I actually went through 9 towels within 24 hours!).
8. I would rather be cold than hot… there’s only so many clothes you can take off before the police get involved.
9. My husband is my best friend. I pray that I spend eternity with him. If our friends start a conversation with, “Please don’t tell The Husband this…” I ask them not to finish.
10. I often don’t see the distinction between my “military family” and my blood family. I love them all…
Now… on to passing along the Truth Scrap
1. Kate – my cowgirl. Kate is actually the inspiration behind going to Martial Arts. She hears about all of my achy joints after a good workout. If she weren’t already engaged… I’d hook her up with ANY of my friends. The sweetest cowgirl ever. Really. She’s also a major butt-kicker Martial Arts guru… watch out!
2. Chocolatechic – Chocolatechic is the constant calm. Always there to dish out advice, prayer or anything… Chocolatechic is always honest in her assessment of a situation. She is appreciated more than I could tell you.
3. Mandy – Mandy is one very fabulously put together woman! If you ever need an event planned… HIRE HER! She’s amazing… utterly amazing.
4. Summer – Summer makes me jealous of her beautiful NY apartment… her perfect dinner settings and beautiful life. Honest to a fault… I love reading about her absurd moments on the train.
5. Natashya – Natashya is like a rock for me. She’s always cooking up something delicious with her puppies. Also… she’s a Canook! My mom’s family hails from Canada… I love it!
6. Veronica – Veronica won’t hold back on the best deals… she’ll tell you all about them and give you mouth watering recipes to go along with it.
7. Erin – Erin is the most down-to-earth, friendly wonderful woman EVER. If our travels across the country put me within 200 miles of Erin, I am definitely detouring to her house and sitting at her dining table for hours drinking coffee and listening to her stories.